January 13, 2013

Easy-made Cheesecake Bars



It was a gloomy morning that welcomed me when I woke up on Saturday. By default I knew that it was going to be a lazy day, but I craved for something sweet and slutty, like a cake or something. It was a breezy day, a good day to do some baking. So I browsed for a simple recipe, since I don't like complication when it comes to cooking or baking, and I found this perfect recipe of Slutty Cheesecake Bars on Baker Royale. Here's my version of the recipe, there's some alteration that I did on the ingredients due to availability & the measurement since I used larger pan. I love the result, just perfect for a lazy gloomy day at home. :)



Ingredients:
- 1 pack of ready-made cookie dough (of course I was too lazy to make my own, so I used the ready-made from Betty Crocker)
- 1 egg + butter if you used Betty Crocker cookie dough like me
- 16 Oreos
- 500 gr cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1,5 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:
- 2 bags of Chic-choc chocolate
- 6-8 Oreos

How:
  1. Heat oven(I only used the bottom heat & low top heat), line pan with a foil sling, grease lightly with butter
  2. Prepared the cookie dough, roll out in the pan using your fingers approximately 1 cm thick, bake until crisp
  3. Place the 16 Oreos on top of the cookie crust
  4. To make the cheese filling: place cream cheese, sugar, egg & vanilla, in a bowl, beat until blended. Pour the mixture over Oreos.
  5. Sprinkle chopped Oreos and Chic-choc on top. Bake for about 30-40 minutes
  6. Remove from oven, cool completely & put into freezer for a couple of hours before cutting.




There's a reason these are called Slutty Cheesecake Bars. Hello, look at the piling going on: chocolate chip cookie crust, cheesecake filling stuffed with Oreos and then topped with more Oreos and crushed Whoppers. So, yeah, we are pretty much looking at a bar that contains, 2 type of cookies, cheesecake and candy - slutty for sure. ~ Bakers Royale


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...