December 16, 2010

Hello, Dexter Morgan.



I was 4 seasons behind when I decided to buy Dexter season 1 dvds. But I instantly hooked. Me, the girl whose never really into thrill and murder stories. I finished all 12 episodes in two days, then went to buy all season 2 to season 4 dvds. Finished the next 2 seasons in a week. I hesitated to start watching the season 4, because I knew the 5th season hasn't come out yet, and the waiting would killed me. But I finally gave up and finished it in 3 days.



I'm not sure what is it about Dexter that fascinated me so much, all I know that I couldn't stop watching it. Dexter unlike any other tv series, it's dark and strangely gripping. The Dexter character is creepily amazing, I mean a forensic blood splatter analyst by day and serial killer by night? How creepy is that? Yet he's amazing. He is one of the most disturbing character I've ever seen in a tv series but I found myself rooting for him after just one episode. Even the opening title fascinated me. Those day-to-day morning activities that was being showed in the opening tells you exactly how Dexter character is, how sinister his nature is.  

And then there's also Michael C. Hall who played Dexter (in my opinion) perfectly. Plus the brilliant script writers. Yes, they're simply brilliant. There are always 12  pillow-gripping, dark, humorous, clever episodes in a season of Dexter. And I sometimes feel kinda sorry for Jeff Lindsay, the writer of the original novels Dexter was based on. Season 1 was based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter and slightly eclipsed by the tv series. He might be the one who created Dexter but for all I know the script writer of Showtime were the one whose perfected everything about Dexter. I once tried to read the novel, but I couldn't stop imagining it being narrated by Michael C. Hall's voice. I stop and decided to stick with the series instead. 

So season 5 started airing last night, stripping Monday to Friday on 10 pm and I'll be there, in front of my tv, following the life of a self-admitted monster known as Dexter Morgan.

Harry was a great cop here in Miami. He taught me how to think like one; he taught me how to cover my tracks. I'm a very neat monster. 
~ Dexter Morgan


pics taken from here.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...