May 22, 2012

Making Daigaku Imo



I was in the mood for some easy cooking this afternoon, so I made daigaku imo, Japanese style candied sweet potato. I saw the picture & recipe from Yummy Corner, browse a little more and got another one from here. I changed the recipe a bit though, to suit my taste. It was so easy to make and great as afternoon snack along with a cup of hot tea.



Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg of Japanese sweet potato (the original recipe use satsumaimo sweet potato, but all I could find here was the one called Japanese sweet potato, I had no idea if it was the same kind or not)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of soy sauce (the original recipe use 1 tsp, but I like mine a bit sweet & salty, so I add more soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp of water
- sesame seeds & black sesame seeds (I like to mix both)
- Oil for frying





How to:
- Cut the sweet potatoes into bite size.
- Heat the oil & deep fried the sweet potatoes, until cooked & golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Mix water, soy sauce, & sugar in a large skillet. Simmer on medium heat until it thickens.
- Stop the heat & quickly stir fried the sweet potatoes into the sugar sauce.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over it.

Original source from here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...