May 19, 2013

The Before Trilogy

I love the music & movies of the 90's. One of my favorite 90's movie, of course starred by Ethan Hawke, was Before Sunrise. Oh, Ethan Hawke is so 90's and I love him for that. Julie Delpy was also amazing in this movie. The movie was so mesmerizing, the setting, the dialogue, all so intelligent yet honest & hopeful. I just started watching the movie and  suddenly one and a half hour has passed and my almost happily burst with intelligent conversation and off the chart chemistry of these two actors. Every time I watched this movie it always made miss those simpler time, when no gadget comes between two people conversing while they walked through Europe cities.

I instantly hooked by the second movie, Before Sunset. Both stars looked older, obviously, since they are older. But the charm of the movie stayed the same, with brighter sets than the first. This time around it was before sunset, right? I even fell a bit in love with Paris, wanting to have a barbecue at a courtyard outside with the neighbors, complete with the wooden table and the miss-matched chairs. I love how the movie ended, how it kept me wanting for more.

And they'll give us more, with Before Midnight. My 90's self already happily jumping up and down. I'll see you soon, Jesse & Celine. :)





“I believe if there’s any kind of God it wouldn’t be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there’s any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.” — Celine in Before Sunrise (1995)
“I don’t have any permanent place here. You know, in eternity, or whatever. And the more I think that, I can’t go through life saying that this is no big deal. I mean, this is it! This is actually happening. What do you think is interesting, what do you think is funny, what do you think is important? You know, every day is our last.” — Jesse in Before Sunset(2004)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...