June 26, 2011

A Book & A Craft

I always admires people with creative ideas, especially they who share those ideas. My recent favorite is The Crafty Crow's A Book And A Craft Guest Blogger Series, where creative bloggers will share their favorite children's book and a (craft) project tutorial to go along with it. These are some that I like most: A Day With No CrayonsThe Gruffalo,The Paper Bag Princess, and The Saggy Baggy Elephant.

And then, I found out that Aksara Bookstore having a program for children called Reading Rainbow, where books and art meet, they said. So each session will feature a different book and kids will create crafts (and also enjoy snacks) based on the featured story. The last two session was featuring my friend Kyra's (and her sister, Raya) art & craft class, Kutakatik. The first one was based on Candace Whitman's Lines That Wiggle, while the second one was based on Dr. Seuss's The Lorax



I saw some great pictures about these events at Kyra's blog that  made me really wanna sign Aira & Aidan up to one of Reading Rainbow session in the future. Aira will sure love it! Aidan, well Aidan might make some mess but he'll have some fun too, I'm sure. So I did, I sign them up for this week's session which celebrates the art of Eric Carle. Oh yayy! :D

To see pictures of the previous session, please click here for The Lines That Wiggle and click here for The Lorax. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...