January 27, 2010

Love Luna Lovegood

In the 10th chapter of Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix, a girl named Luna Lovegood was being introduced to the world. This is how J.K. Rowling described her : "The girl gave off an aura of dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen to wear a necklace of Butterbeer corks, or that she was reading a magazine upside-down." - Just like that, I fell in love with Loony Lovegood.

Let's look back at those cherished, and awkward, moments we spent with Luna Lovegood. I can go on an on with her weird & witty words, but these are some of my favorite.

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

"A Wrackspurt - they're invisible, they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she said. "I thought I felt one zooming around in here."

"It's good isn't it? Said Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent, to represent Slytherin you know but there wasn't time. Anyway good luck Ronald"

This one is classic Luna,
"I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease."

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends."
And this one really made me just want to hug Luna. x)

Then the movies came out, and I fell in love all over again. Luna Lovegood wasn't just weird & quirky in the head, but in style too. Didn't you just love Luna's Griffindor's Lion head piece? And didn't you wanna have a sparkle 3D glasses like Luna's? Well, I did. :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...