December 14, 2009

Fruity Snacky Yum!

(originally posted on facebook May 19, 2009)

During my internship at the playgroup & kindergarten, I learned many new children songs. One of the kindies kids favorite was a song they called 'Watermelon'. It was basically 'Are you sleeping brother John' with a different lyric & a certain body movements.

Hokkay, so at home, I was planning on singing the song with Aidan, to enriched his song list. So I did it with all my might, with passion and movement in every words I sang. Here how it went..

Bunda :

"Watermelon... watermelon..." (hands gesturing the roundness of a watermelon)

"Papaya... papaya..." (hands gesturing the two bumps of a papaya shape)

"Banana-banana ... banana-banana..." (both arms crocked in front of my chest, folded up and down the opposite way for each arm, like lifting a barbel during a fitness session)

"Fruit salad... fruit salad..." (pretending to hold a giant wooden spoon, stirring it right & left in an imaginary giant salad bowl)


Aidan :

"Ameeeen....." (brushing both hands on his face)


I guess Aidan would really like the fruit salad to be an actual food, not just some silly song. Haha.
This is for you kiddo, I'll give you what you'd wished for :


FRUIT SALAD

Dice Apples, Peaches, Bananas and Grapes (halve or quarter grapes as needed)
Arrange fruits on a plate around a small bowl of plain, spiced or flavoured yogurt for dipping.

May be made into a parfait by layering fruits, then yogurt then fruits then yogurt in a small clear glass or bowl. Top with wheat germ or granola.



P.S:
This recipe is Aidan's favorite fruit salad. Please, give it a try! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...