December 12, 2009

Book

(originally posted on facebook March 17, 2009)

I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!
How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book!
When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.
~Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice~

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
~Mark Twain~

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
~Henry Ward Beecher~

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.
~ C.S. Lewis~

I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library.
~Jorge Luis Borges~

All the books we own, both read and unread, are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal. But with each passing year, and with each whimsical purchase, our libraries become more and more able to articulate who we are, whether we read the books or not.
~Nick Hornby~



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...